Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pick Your Battles




There are two kinds of people in this world: those who do their dishes before they eat and those who do them after. Or a new twist on this saying could be, there are two kinds of people in this world: those who get their dishes from the drying rack before they eat and those who get them from their storage space/cupboard. It turns out that for the most part my roommates are the former. After putting the dishes away every day I decided I would just stack them as high as I could and see if I could create a Tower of Babel out of dishes that would reach the heavens. But my real plan was to stack them so high that getting a dish from the bottom of the pile would prove difficult enough that it might motivate someone to put them away.

As I was taking this picture my roommate walked in and asked what I was doing. I told him of my plan and he said,"you're wasting your time." Later that afternoon my language was confounded for trying to build a tower to heaven made of dishes and then I needed a plate from the bottom of the pile and ended up putting them all away. Grrrrrr.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Roast.
Is Jesse living with you now?

Unknown said...

I have a solution for you, get married!