Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Croquet


I played croquet yesterday and came in last place. I hate croquet. But more importantly, I hate playing croquet with old men (a friend's dad participated) who look all sweet, kind and innocent (like this "nice old man" to the left) but who turn out to take their senior citizenship and pull one over on you.





I attribute my loss to my second turn when I had the opportunity to launch this old man's ball into outer space but took pity on him because he, well, he looked like he could use a break. WRONG. The next time around he didn't even think twice about roqueting my ball down the hill and way out of play. It was a hit from which I never recovered. Lesson taken from this: don't trust "nice old men" and I can't wait to be old and stick it to people because your old age engenders sympathy.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Engenders? Did you seriously use the word engenders? How old are you? Is that some slang you picked up on the croquet court? What’s next shuffleboard or bridge? You may look young, and when I mean young I mean old enough to be in a family ward. Who are you, and what have you done with Courtland? When did you morph into Rageshree Ramachandran?

dr awkward said...

Who are you trying to kid? You've been an old man for a long time.

Rob said...

So, have you given up on this blog just like you've given up on life?

Unknown said...

I guess Court did not fully understand that running a blog took work. I think he quit when that idea finally sank in.

Rob said...

Things I hate:

This blog, because it never changes.

Rachel Ramey said...

Court, I hope you get e-mails or something when I leave a comment. Easter! Seriously Bro, what the H did you do on the 4th of July? Did you do anything funny or cool over the summer? How about labor day? Anything there? Hows are you commemorating September 11th? I am going to have to press charges with the funny blog popo. Thanks for nothing funny or entertaining on the internet since easter. You rock.

Emilie and Branden said...

I'm with the peeps above. I need my Fun Hater fix as I am also a Fun Hater. Where are you?

Unknown said...

You guys are funny! I am writing a song called fun hater for my OLDER sister contribute please..