Friday, November 16, 2007

Lester Bangs

It's Friday night at 6:42pm and I'm at the computer...I'm a young guy in the prime of my life, I should be out on the town taking it out and chopping it up.

I will admit that I have plans to go play some futbol with a female friend of mine, but I am sick and I hate fun, so we'll see what happens.

Which brings me to one of my favorite quotes from the movie Almost Famous.

William Miller (protagonist) had to submit a story to Rolling Stone. He was a bit distressed and called Lester Bangs (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) for some help. It was a weekend night and Miller was worried Bangs would be out on the town. To his surprise, Bangs answered the phone. After some conversation Miller expressed his relief that Bangs was home, to which Bangs stated,"I'm always home. I'm uncool."

Just the other day this girl at church said, "I should call you. I bet you're always out doing something interesting and cool..." Not joking. Exact quote.

I should have replied, "I'm always home. I'm uncool."

Watch the clip. Enjoy. As my friend Rob said, "youtube is what the internet was made for." At this moment I agree.


1 comment:

Rob said...

A great scene in a great movie. Don't worry Court, there are other uncool people in this world. Like yours truly. And has there ever been a better name in the world than Lester Bangs?