Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Every body thinks they're a comedian. Well, two people at least.

Here were a couple of email responses to my temp job duties post. Everyone thinks they're a comedian in this life, don't they.

Response One:
I was reading about the job posting and how you have to wear steel toe shoes and be able to lift 50 lbs. Maybe with steel toe shoes you could weigh 50 lbs!

Response Two:

Thanks for telling me you had a blog, loser. It's a funny blog though, where did you lift all of the material? You need to fill out your profile and some how work me into some of your "deep thoughts". I think that it would help make your blog sound less dark (with me in it would probably grow your readership 10 fold in just a few days). I think you need to go on meds because your blog make it sound like you are about to go over the edge. Question: can you lift 50 lbs.? Also, you don't sound very enthusiastic and motivated. When you add me to your blog make me cool, heroic maybe, or you will regret it.

The most awesome brother-in-law you have,

Martin

My response to response one: You mock my weight, but I know you're only jealous as the last time you weighed in at a spry 147lbs (my weight on a good day when I'm soaking wet) was probably when you were in 2nd grade (ok, maybe 10th grade. You're not that big of a fatty. I'm just harassing you). I know you long to see you toes again when you stand up, but that's going to require that you pass up the chocolate donuts every time you stop for gas at a convenience store.

My response to response two: He calls me a loser. Tells me it's funny. Wants to steal my blog limelight by working him into my "deep thoughts". Tells me I should be on meds (maybe I already am). Questions my ability to lift 50lbs. He tells me I don't sound very enthusiastic or motivated. And then to top it all off he wants me to make him sound, "
cool, heroic maybe" when I work him in.

Does anybody else see what's wrong with this picture. Luckily I only have to deal with Martin once or twice a year. Unfortunately, my poor sister has to endure him on a daily basis. J/K, Martin. We heart you.

No comments: